Disabled American Veterans
Gold Coast Chapter 133
DAV MISSION STATEMENT
We are dedicated to a single purpose: empowering veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. We accomplish this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America’s injured heroes on Capitol Hill; and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life.
This mission is carried forward by:
- Providing free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other agencies of government.
- Providing outreach concerning its program services to the American people generally, and to disabled veterans and their families specifically.
- Representing the interests of disabled veterans, their families, their widowed spouses and their orphans before Congress, the White House and the Judicial Branch, as well as state and local government.
- Extending DAV’s mission of hope into the communities where these veterans and their families live through a network of state-level Departments and local Chapters.
- Providing a structure through which disabled veterans can express their compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs.
Disabled American Veterans Gold Coast Chapter 133 Board & Key Employees
Gerald Toomey Commander
Ralph Brigida Senior Vice-Commander
Mike Varga Junior Vice-Commander
DeDe Davis Adjutant
Al Leterra Treasurer
E-Board Members Greg Chiappone, Bob Citrolo, David Nystrom
DAV Service Officers meet every Tuesday from 10 AM - 2 PM to assist veterans requiring help to file for or modify claims status with the Veterans Administration. Veterans are encouraged to bring with them all relevant correspondence relating to their situation.
These walk-in sessions are held at the:
American Legion Post 142
171 S.W. 2ND Street,
Pompano Beach, Florida
For Further Information About Chapter 133 visit their website, call, or email: